Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Welcome to the Eastside...

Well, this is my first post on my first blog, so here goes...

Having just recently moved to that vague area in the Bel-Red corridor, the one where no one is sure whether it's Bellevue or Redmond, but having spent a lot of time in the area before moving, I decided it was time for me to jump into the world of blogging. I decided that someone needed to start a blog to point out to those on the West Side and to any one else who cares to read this, that there are funky, entertaining, colorful, bizarre, cool and fascinating things on the Eastside of Lake Washington.

If you are not from the Seattle area I should first point out that there is Seattle proper (the West Side) and then there are all of the suburbs on the Eastside of Lake Washington (like Bellevue and Redmond) that have somewhat of a reputation for being, boring and corporate and some might say sterile, so it is my new mission to change this misconception and point out all of the really interesting things on the Eastside. Or, at the very least, to impart to people why I like the Eastside.

I also wanted to start this blog because there are an abundance of wonderful little "mom and pop" businesses in Bellevue and Redmond that do not get written about and are basically unknown. So, my secondary mission is to get the word out about some of the businesses I really like in the hopes that they will flourish and attract more small independents to the area. I LOVE independent businesses!

I am not going to talk about anyone in particular in this first post (I'm actually in a bit of a hurry), but there will hopefully (if I'm not lazy) be many posts forthcoming about the awesomeness of BEL-RED!

Now I am off to try out my new complimentary gym membership at the Redmond Athletic Club, perhaps I will say more about that establishment once I've been there myself.

Time to try to maybe start getting in shape, I think (you can tell I'm having a little motivational trouble).

1 comment:

Tiger Rouge said...

bel-red??? Are you KIDDING me??

Oh wait, I live in ALBUQUERQUE.... bel-red is better. Sorry.